The holiday season is rapidly approaching, which means that it’s almost the season of lists; holiday meal grocery lists, gift wish-lists, New Year’s Resolution lists, and Santa’s notorious naughty-and-nice list. We got into the list making spirit too; in anticipation of the holidays, we’ve made a list of inbound marketing essentials that all business-to-business brands should be using to maximize their leads and potential customers.
- Identifying Your Target Audience:Knowing exactly who your buyers are is critical to every marketing effort. Segmenting your audience and targeting these pieces with tailored content, messaging, and offers is easier than ever with digital marketing, but first you have to know exactly how to break that audience up. Start by building a basic customer persona, including title, company size, industry, and other basic info, and then creating a list of the issues that your product or services solve for that buyer role. These profiles allow you to create targeted messaging that will appeal to your customers more thoroughly.
- Website and Homepage Maintenance:A website is a treasure trove of lead generation tools; it is one of the first places that potential customers go to learn more information about your brand, and one of your best opportunities to convert these visitors into leads. Aside from basic technical issues (Do all URLs and links work? Is the text placed correctly on the page?), does your website answer all of the basic questions potential customers would have about your product and service? Are there multiple opportunities for the customer to actively engage with the site, and in turn leave you their contact information? These are all need-to-have elements for a successful brand website.
- Calls-to-Action:In order to generate leads on your website, you must have capturing mechanisms, whether they be on-page forms, unique landing pages, or social plugins. Create an up-to-date list of all of your digital assets offered by your brand, and which lead capture methods they lead to. This way, you can track what is successful, and make adjustments as necessary.
- Blog:Blogs are excellent ways for brands to demonstrate their expertise and knowledge of their industry, and to deliver value to the customer. Additionally, blogs are great link generators and help brands with search engine rankings. Ensure that your blog has a consistent posting schedule, interesting and relevant content, high quality, proof-read writing, and that the blog messaging aligns with the brand’s goals and target audience.
- Social Media Profiles:Social media marketing is a great way to increase search engine rankings, community engagement and customer service, and to communicate new opportunities for your brand. However, many brands don’t use their social presence correctly. List all of your social media profiles, and examine whether you are hitting your target audience – and if that audience is engaging with you on your profiles.
Are you on track with all of these elements? Then congratulations! Slipping behind on one or two? No worries; there is still time before the end of the year to get your digital marketing back on track. inSegment has demonstrated experience in maximizing leads for B2B companies through multiple channels; contact us today to help you work through your marketing checklist!